Saturday, August 27, 2011

Baby Heart Murmer. Cardiologist or no Cardiologist?

Yesterday was Ella and Madeline's well baby check up. They're now almost double their birth weight! Ella was 11lbs14oz & 24in long. Madeline was 11lbs7oz and 23.5in. Poor Ella is a mess. Her tear duct is still clogged and her toe has an ingrown nail that is infected, so she has her first antibiotic. They also said that if her eye doesn't clear up soon they will recommend corrective surgery between 6 and 9 months.

Then was Madeline's turn. They discovered a heart murmer. Her doctor called for a second opinion and she heard it too. Both said it sounds benign and they wouldn't stress over it. We'll just monitor her more closely at her well baby visits and if anything seems to change they'll recommend a Cardiologist. They did say that if wanted they would recommend one now but I really trust their opinion on it. This is the same peditricians office I went to from birth.

Of course when I told their daddy he freaked out and wants me to call for a recommendation now. Does anyone have any experience with heart murmers? Am I being too relaxed about this?

4 comments:

  1. I don't have any experience with heart murmurs, but I wanted to tell you I've prayed for you and your girls. I hope all turns out fine and they continue to grow healthier.

    I found you through the vB Grow your GFC hop.

    Jenny
    Full Cart Full Wallet

    ReplyDelete
  2. My guy has always had a 'flutter' that is louder than normal, so they checked it out after his 18m well baby.
    Seeing the Cardiologist was great! After stressing it for 32 weeks, I am glad we went. They checked him out, did a couple of tests -- they will see if it is still there when he is 3.
    Good luck!

    http://aissafamily.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 of my children had a heart murmur that was checked out by a cardiologist and determined to be nothing significant. I'll say a prayer for you and your girls!

    New follower from the voiceBoks Grow my GFC Hop!

    Christina
    Spilled Milkshake

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was diagnosed with one when I was really young. They said I grew out of it, but I dunno...It's been found a few times recently, but they said it was really mild. It doesn't bother me too much, mostly when I'm pregnant. If you trust your doctor, I wouldn't stress over it too much. Wishing you the best ♥

    (New follower via Friday Friend Connect)

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE to hear from you!