Thursday, March 1, 2012

My Disney Engagement!

When we found out that Disney would be open for 24 hours for Leap Day we made plans to go and take the kids. I had ordered custom outfits for the girls from a Gymbofriend, so while his sister was out the day before she asked if she should get me a Snow White shirt for our trip. I assumed it was because we were dressing up the girls so I told her to go for it. When we got to the park they went up to get our buttons and left me in front of Main Street with the kids, after awhile Lisa came out and was like the line is really long, we should go get a Snow White headband to match your shirt, Zach will finish with the pins. So we went and got the headband, he met up with us and we headed over to Monster's Inc. During the show they put the spotlight on the people next to us and the monster was like "oooh you've been together for 2 years, you better have a ring ready!" Zach was laughing so hard, I had no idea he was going to propose like 10 minutes later! They started making this huge deal about how we had to make it over to see Snow White because she was leaving and the girls had never met her before. I wanted to stop and change all of the kids but they were so insistent that we could wait.

So we stand in line to meet Snow White and Zach tells them that I'm going to take my picture alone with Snow White to show off my shirt, then one with him and then one with all of the kids. So I take my picture and Zach comes over and Snow White says "Oh this must be your Prince Charming." I said yes and then he started talking and took my hand. Of course being me I was like "Are you kidding me" because I thought he was joking, then the ring box came out! Snow White had no idea it was going to happen either! She was so cute when she saw the ring she said "Oh my, I think my Dwarfs helped find those diamonds, look at the sparkle!" Evidently word spreads quickly among Disney cast members because everywhere we went people kept saying "You're the guy who proposed with Snow White!"

The ring!!


3 comments:

  1. Congrats! That is so great. I plan Disney vacations so if you decide to get married there let me know!! PlanaMagicVacation.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw congratulations! That's an awesome story to be able to tell and one gorgeous ring to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snow White definitely looks surprised! Congratulations! :0)

    Hello, Happy Friday!! I am blog hopping today and thought I would stop by your blog. You are welcomed to stop by my blog and say hello and become a follower at http://jessicaslilcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE to hear from you!